A Cyberpunk Text Adventure from the Deep South
This brief demo introduces the player to Norco, a rich pixelated universe of bizarre conspiracies, difficult family histories, and insurrectionary androids hiding in the swamp. Wander the solitary industrialized streets of your hometown in search of your brother. Lose yourself in the textured synth magic of New Orleans-based composer Gewgawly I, with a guest track by Andy Gibbs of the doom metal band Thou.
Featured on Vice's Waypoint.
Keep up with the game as it evolves on
Tumblr and Twitter. Lots of additional features are in the works, including: dozens more unique environments; gamepad support; 2+ hours of non-linear, consequential dialogue; improved dialogue handling; side-quests; mini-games; an item inventory; a "journal" feature, and more.
Minimum System Requirements
- 4GB RAM
- mobile devices are not supported
Play in your browser.
This demo is also available to
play in your browser. The browser version runs best in the latest version of Google Chrome.
This demo supports mouse and keyboard controls. Mouse controls should be straight forward.
Keyboard (TLDR - directional keys and enter)
- Use directional keys to highlight selections, access the menu, and select map locations.
- Press 'enter' to confirm selections and advance dialogue.
- You can also use a choice's corresponding number key to confirm -- if you wanna be fancy.
- When the 'back' button is displayed, you can use the left arrow key to return to the root choices.
- Use the 'f' or 'esc' key to toggle fullscreen after starting the demo. Note: there's a known issue where the game crashes if toggling during a load screen.
Get music & prints!
See the donation options at the bottom of the page for details on how to receive limited-run postcard-sized prints of artwork from the game. Another way to support the project is to buy the original soundtrack for the demo on